Transfer news LIVE! Kounde to Chelsea FC latest, Kimpembe; Arsenal want winger; Depay to Spurs; latest rumours
Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham remain among the most active clubs in the summer transfer window with the new season quickly approaching. Chelsea have been left reeling after a heavy defeat by the Gunners in Orlando and are trying to sign Jules Kounde and Presnel Kimpembe to tighten up their defence following the arrival of Kalidou Koulibaly, though face a bitter battle with Barcelona.
Arsenal continued their transfer spree with the £32million addition of Oleksandr Zinchenko last week and Mikel Arteta has hinted at further new additions amid a superb pre-season campaign, with a new winger potentially set to arrive at the Emirates. Tottenham, meanwhile, continue to be linked with a potential swoop for Barca forward Memphis Depay.
West Ham’s agreement for Italy striker Gianluca Scamacca has been confirmed, with David Moyes also remaining keen on Chelsea frontman Armando Broja. Fulham are about to sign former Newcastle defender Kevin Mbabu, while Manchester United are keeping tabs on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Benjamin Sesko as the Frenkie de Jong saga continues. Liverpool are said to be making strong progress in their chase for Jude Bellingham. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip with Standard Sport’s LIVE blog below!
Juventus launch Roberto Firmino bid
Juventus have launched an offer Roberto Firmino, according to the latest reports.
The Serie A giants are known to be long-term admirers of the Brazilian forward, whose Anfield contract is due to expire next summer.
They are now believed to have firmed up that interest in the form of an official bid worth in the region of £20m, according to journalist Ekrem Konur.
Man United target Milinkovic-Savic as De Jong alternative
Have Manchester United switched their own midfield priorities as the Frenkie de Jong saga rumbles on?
De Jong’s club future remains shrouded in uncertainty, with Barcelona seemingly very keen to keep hold of the versatile Dutchman.
United could now look elsewhere for a new midfield general, with reports linking them with Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
Calcio Mercato claim that the Serbian international is on a list of potential alternatives to De Jong, though Lazio are said to be demanding at least £59.5m for their prized asset.
Arsenal have also been linked with Milinkovic-Savic this summer.
Liverpool making ‘strong progress’ in Bellingham talks
Liverpool are making great strides in their pursuit of Jude Bellingham, if the latest reports are to be believed.
The Reds and Jurgen Klopp are long-term admirers of England’s teenage midfielder, who is expected to remain at Borussia Dortmund for another season.
However, Football Insider now claim that Liverpool are making “strong progress” in their quest for Bellingham, trying to put together a deal that would see him move to Anfield next summer.
The Reds are said to be pursuing an agreement similar to the one that saw Naby Keita seal a deal 12 months before actually joining from RB Leipzig in 2018.
Kounde willing to accept Barcelona deal
This Jules Kounde saga is just never-ending, isn’t it?
The latest dispatch from Fabrizio Romano does not sound like good news for Chelsea at all.
He claims that Kounde’s camp have informed Barcelona that they would be willing to accept their contract proposal, with Xavi making a personal call to the French defender.
Chelsea, meanwhile, don’t have an agreement with Kounde or Sevilla.
Sassuolo confirm West Ham deal for Scamacca
West Ham’s fourth summer signing is imminent, with Sassuolo publicly confirming an agreement over Italy striker Gianluca Scamacca.
Standard Sport reported on Friday that the Hammers had agreed a fee worth £30.5million plus add-ons for Scamacca, with personal terms not expected to be an issue.
The 23-year-old is set to follow Nayef Aguerd, Alphonse Areola and Flynn Downes to Stratford this summer as David Moyes finally seeks to provide proper competition and support for Michail Antonio, who has operated as West Ham’s only senior forward option since the departure of Sebastien Haller in January 2021.
Click here to read the full story
Arteta hints at more Arsenal signings
Mikel Arteta insists that Arsenal will continue to raise the quality of their squad as they target further summer signings to improve depth for the busy season ahead.
The Gunners have been very proactive in the transfer market so far, raiding Manchester City for Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko while also bringing in Portuguese midfielder Fabio Vieira, USA goalkeeper Matt Turner and teenage winger Marquinhos.
Quizzed about Arsenal’s squad depth after the rout of Chelsea at Camping World Stadium, Arteta said: “We are where we are. Obviously, at the moment we have injuries, you can see that we are still a little bit short in some positions for the way that we want to play but it is something that we are trying to address.
“We have increased the quality of the team for sure and the level of the squad is obviously something that we want to keep raising.”
Click here to read the full story
Mbabu passes Fulham medical
Almost a done deal for Fulham!
Widespread reports suggest that former Newcastle defender Kevin Mbabu has now completed his medical ahead of a return to the Premier League.
The Swiss international is said to have agreed personal terms with Fulham after an initial £4.7m deal was struck with Wolfsburg that also includes £1.7m in add-ons and a 10 per cent sell-on clause, per The Athletic.
Mbabu will compete with Kenny Tete for the right-back role under Marco Silva, whose newly-promoted team are currently on a pre-season tour in Portugal, beating Estoril 3-1 at half-time of their latest friendly.
After a slow start to their summer spending that was said to have frustrated Silva, Fulham have since signed Joao Palhinha and Andreas Pereira, with a complicated loan deal for Shakhtar winger Manor Solomon also said to be all but complete.
Man United eye teenage striker Sesko
A new name on Manchester United’s transfer radar.
Fabrizio Romano reports that the Red Devils are being closely informed of developments regarding Red Bull Salzburg forward Benjamin Sesko.
United are said to consider the 19-year-old Slovenian international as a top talent, though there is no move to Old Trafford imminent.
Newcastle are listed among the other clubs tracking Sesko.
Edu rules out Arsenal move for Paqueta
Arsenal technical director Edu has admitted his admiration for Lucas Paqueta, but insists there are no talks over a potential move to north London for the Brazil midfielder.
The Gunners have been frequently cited in summer transfer speculation as likely suitors for Paqueta, with recent reports suggesting that their interest had been reignited by Lyon dropping their financial demands to around the £34million mark for a player under contract in France for a further three years.
Tottenham, Manchester City and Newcastle are among the other Premier League clubs to have been frequently linked with the 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 76 total appearances since joining Lyon from AC Milan in 2020 and also boasts 33 senior caps for Brazil at international level.
Click here to read the full story
Napoli reveal Koulibaly persuasion attempt
Kalidou Koulibaly turned down Napoli’s £51million offer to sign for Chelsea, club president Aurelio De Laurentiis has claimed.
The Serie A club reluctantly accepted the defender’s desire to leave for the Premier League having insisted that a summer move to Barcelona was not on the cards.
Chelsea signed Koulibaly for £33m earlier this month on a reported £162,000-a-week deal, the Senegal star having been offered £195,000 as a weekly wage by Napoli – taking home £5.5m-a-year after tax.
De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: “I let Koulibaly go because he told me he still has a few years of playing ahead of him.
Read the full story.